Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ahem, April.


As I was walking down the stairs this morning, I was looking out the window. I'm not super good at doing things with my feet when my brain is not fully involved, so naturally, I fell down the stairs. And since it was morning, my contacts were not in and my glasses went flying.

Awesome.

So I did what anyone would do: I started crying. Now, some who know me know that I can be a tad emotional at times...so, things like snow and tripping and not being able to see sometimes makes me react in a much more, ahem, emotive way. I realize this is silly.

As I was sitting on the stone landing, crying, I realized how insane I was, so I started laughing at myself. (Bipolar what?) My life is funny.

Snow in April is funny.
Thinking my life is hard is funny.
Falling down an entire flight of stairs because I am craning my neck to see the snow covering the tops of houses and am not paying attention to what my feet are doing, is funny.
My reactions sometimes are funny.

I may be a lot of things, but someone who takes themselves seriously is not one of them. Thank G.

So, on this snowy Spring day, I am thanking God for jobs and friends and stairs to fall down and emotions to feel and perspectives that sometimes do not come right after the fall. Sometimes we need to fall, start to cry and then realize the truth of situation, and laugh. And then we can get up, put our glasses back on and be glad that we can make ourselves laugh.

It's a good day.

K



No comments: